Full Stack Software Engineer
At FibriCheck we offer state-of-the-art of digital health solutions in cardiac care and management. Our product has touched more than a million lives and prevented tens of thousands from having a worse outcome. Our vision and way of working set us apart from the mainstream competition and we are looking for technical leadership to further hone our engineering skills and drive our technical vision!
What does it mean to be CTO of FibriCheck? As our CTO, it’s your role to nurture our engineering culture and create a context for innovation and excellence. You oversee the company’s IT strategy and define our way of working from a technical perspective (security, compliance, quality,…). These responsibilities are rooted in a sharp vision. A vision of what steps and clever decisions we need to make to win in a fast-paced and complex world of digital health.
Do you think you have it in you? We are looking for an experienced leader. Someone who is the champion of both our customers and our own team, you can think big, can challenge decisions, and surprise us with architectural and infrastructure decisions that will make us future-proof. You can be the CTO that FibriCheck needs you to be!
Shaping and executing our technological vision & strategy
- You’re capable of setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company to meet our business goals and growth strategy. For our customers/users, for internal use and to support our strategic objectives.
- You foster a culture of excellence, instigate curiosity and provide thought leadership for FibriCheck engineers.
- You have a data-driven mindset and understand how technical decisions affect data generation and management.
- You lead the way to implement technology strategies by:
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Leading your team in identifying, comparing, selecting and implementing technology solutions and partnerships to meet our current and future needs.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
Quality and productivity of your team
- You will be responsible for our certifications that are applicable to the technology aspects, for this you will work closely with the compliance and regulatory teams.
- Setting and tracking KPI’s of your engineering team.
- You make a good balance between “planning something” and “doing something”, you can prioritize and execute decisions depending on the company needs.
Leadership & management
- You manage the budget and the team of our engineering department and take the necessary decisions to insource or outsource IT capabilities.
- You’re eager to explore and exploit partnership opportunities and platform vendor relations.
- Support our business teams to convey our technological strategy and state-of-the-art to customers & stakeholders.
- You are a key soundingboard and stakeholder between the compliance, data science and product teams.
Skills we’re looking for
- Technical domain knowledge – In the MedTech realm, previous experience and strong knowledge of the industry and used technologies is a vital skill set.
- Strategy – Based on experience, the capability to develop and execute a strategy on how technology can achieve our business goals.
- Effective communicator – As our CTO you will be responsible for communicating strategies and decisions upstream and downstream. We expect you ensure a fluent speaking capability, provide argumentation for discussions, and can facilitate presentations internally and externally.
- Product management – As a CTO you will work closely with product management, you have a good understanding of the product life-cycle and how to build new products and maintain existing ones is a required skill set for effective collaboration.
- Business tech savvy – As our CTO you will not be living on an island, but will interact a lot with our external stakeholders, partners, and customers to ensure our technology and developments are meeting our business needs.
- People & negotiation skills and mentoring – As a CTO you will be responsible for your team, and in order to run your department effectively, you will need to have the right coaching, mentoring and leadership skills to cultivate and inspire people to live up to our vision.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience as CTO or similar leadership role
- Extensive industry knowledge
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology
- Exceptional team management and people skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values:
- Team: As a team, we celebrate our achievements and comfort each other during our failures. Your mindset needs to be team-oriented, and put the team first.
- Ownership: Working at FibriCheck means you will operate autonomously. You take ownership about your role and decide and act in the best interest of FibriCheck.
- Trust & Transparency: you integrity is key, and we are a company that is built on trust and transparency. You respect these values.
- Leaders eat last: You’ve read this book and know what it means to lead a team.
- Agility: FibriCheck is never finished, we are observing and improving our product and strategies on a continuous basis. You’ll need to be comfortable to adapt to the situation and be pragmatic and committed to move forward.
Why should you apply?
- Great opportunity to have a meaningful impact on revolutionizing healthcare.
- Exciting and rewarding role in a VC-backed growth start-up environment where you will be surrounded by highly-skilled, motivated, impact-driven people.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Flextime and high degree of self-management.
- Very open and honest company culture.
- Ability to work remotely.